top of page
  • Writer's pictureRob Stevens

Stoke Poges send a shockwave through the Premier Division after Showcase win against Britwell

PICTURE: Stoke Poges celebrate one of their three goals in the 3-2 win against Britwell in the Showcase Match at Burnham on Friday night. Photo by Gary House.

Stoke Poges sent a shockwave through the Premier Division after a 3-2 win against Britwell in the latest Showcase Match on Friday night.

Stoke are new to the Premier Division this season and looking for their young side to establish themselves at the highest level, whilst Britwell are clear at the top and fighting to win the title.

A goal from Tai Maddox gave Stoke a narrow lead heading into the break at Burnham Football Club, and Mark Beale doubled their advantage under the lights in the second half.

Britwell would not give up without a fight however and levelled the scores when both Aydn Christian and Ben White found the back of the net with plenty of time still left on the clock.

But, it was Stoke that were awarded the chance to take all three points when a penalty kick was awarded for handball and Captain, Scott Gibson, kept his cool to slot home.

The win means Stoke Poges climbed above Iver Heath into seventh position and four points clear of the two relegation places, whilst Britwell missed out on the chance to increase their lead at the top of the table to eight points.

The defending champions, Singh Sabha, will not give up their crown without a fight and moved into second position, now four points behind Britwell, after a 7-0 victory at second-bottom, Hype Train.

Pritpal Raju was the star on show with a first-half hat-trick and Jovan Bains also hit the target before the break. More goals came in the second half through Navsher Samra, Karim Chaibi and Hassan Mahmood.

Harts Of Bracknell remain unbeaten in Division One and now six points clear at the top of the table following a narrow 2-1 success against Winkfield Reserves.

Southcote made up ground in the race for third position and promotion with a 7-0 win at home against bottom side, The Riverside. Both Jayden Sunderland and substitute Kai Mills scored twice in the victory, with further goals from Earl Amaglo and Myles Bedwell-Parsons.

PICTURE: Britwell striker Ben White fires in from close range to level the scores at Burnham on Friday night.

Baylis United moved up one place to fifth after a 6-0 destruction of Frontline Reserves, who remain in seventh position.

Sandhurst Town gained a place to ninth despite their being nothing between them and Braywood Beavers (eighth) in a 0-0 draw.

Old Windsor were eliminated from the Berks & Bucks Charles Twelftrees Trophy after a narrow 1-0 defeat at higher-league Aston Clinton. The Os fell behind inside the opening 60 seconds and Harry Farnham saw his penalty kick in the Quarter Finals tie saved on seven minutes.

Pundit have reached the last eight in the League Cup after a narrow 2-1 win at Premier Division rivals Cressex. Sean Harris was on target for the losing side.

Robbie Baisden struck for what is just a consolation for Eton Wick in a 6-1 defeat at Frontline in the second round of the Presidents Cup.

To enter the East Berkshire Football League ahead of the 2022/23 season, or for further information about the league, or an entry form for the upcoming season, please email the team at


bottom of page